Job Boards Template

.NET Developer II

Holt, MI 48116 | Permanent Hire

Job ID: 7554 Industry: Industry Pay Rate: 100,000

NET Developer II

Are you a .NET Developer with experience integrating software applications and systems within manufacturing, supporting Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), you may be interested in this full time, permanent job position, as a Lead .NET Developer. Location is the greater Lansing Michigan area.

In this role, you will integrate software applications and services within your company’ s clients’ manufacturing operations. Candidates must offer excellent verbal and written communications experience.  Automotive industry experience is preferred but other industry experience will be considered.  Travel is 25%.

What you will be doing?
  • Ensure best practices and appropriate methodologies are followed by the software development staff, including control and release methods
  • Review and approve software developed by staff; lead and coach
  • Responsible for gathering requirements from manufacturing operating units that utilize the Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
  • Design, development, test, implement and maintain MES system
  • Work onsite to implement and launch MES
  • Develop new web UI interface(s) to enhance systems
  • Develop database structure to support new applications and services, or to enhance our current software suite
  • Support production in reducing or eliminating equipment and tooling, downtime or scrap, by troubleshooting and utilizing good analytical methodologies
  • Report any issues related to product, process or system
  • Develop and maintain production broadcast system instructions and/or disaster recovery records
  • Maintain production broadcast systems, error-proofing systems, and customer interface communication software
  • Support departmental projects that may include Value Analysis (VA) and Value Engineering (VE), and/or Lean Manufacturing Six Sigma activities
  • Ensure staff follows safety policies and guidelines
  • Travel equals 25%, occasionally longer periods during software implementations

What you need for this position?
  • Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, IT or related degree required
  • Minimum of 4 years related work experience in a software development role
  • Offer Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); 75% of job is programming, coding; the other 25% is customer-facing, supporting projects by gathering customer requirements through to launching systems
  • Proficiency in C#.NET and VB.NET, required
  • Experience in any of the following is a plus, Visual Basic 6, Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, JavaScript, HTML, HTML5
  • Strong MS SQL Server backend skills are required that include scripting and queries using MS SQL 2008, 2012, or 2016
  • Skilled in MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) ver. 2008, 2012, or 2016
  • Proficient in Crystal Reports, preferably XI/2016
  • Experience in Apple iOS application development is a plus
  • Experience with Clark Software MES System is a plus
  • Must possess excellent leadership abilities, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to support customer requirements
  • Strong negotiation skills is a plus
  • Ability to maintain confidential information

Send resume  to jdavis@careertransllc.com

Desmond Nugent


Not ready to apply?

Send an email reminder to:

Share This Job:

Related Jobs: